: I'll Stay by Gwendolyn Brooks is
a poem about one's ability to stay confident in one's selfCharacters
Speaker - "I'll stay" is the theme that covers the poem and is projected by the speakerSection 1
- The speaker talks about the plates staying on the edge as if proud that they are doing so
- The speaker talks about the confidence about staying with what one "believes" will happen
- The speaker talks about the possitive input that the speaker's mother told her about being the "sun", the "light"
- The speaker tells the audience that the mother of the speaker tells her to be "Efficient"
- The speaker repeats the words "I'll stay" over and over
- Gwedolyn Brooks was the first Pulitzer Prize winner to be of African-American descent.
© 2009 copyright www.notes4free.com I'll Stay | Gwendolyn Brooks