Summary: Some Keep the Sabbath Going to Church by Emily Dickinson
is a poem the author wrote to help describe how she views religion.Section One:
- Some people go to church on the sabbath (some sort of rest day, week, etc) but the narrator stays at home
- The Bobolink is a bird, it is the narrator's choir and the orchard acts as the Dome (house of god)
- Some people wear specific clothes, and follow strict tradition to worship at church but the narrator goes as herself; to her own "church"
- The narrator does not feel like she will eventually get to heaven by following the rules of church but instead is constantly getting there by living her life
- The narrator's favorite church is the orchard, or more general nature
© 2009 copyright www.notes4free.com Some Keep the Sabbath Going to Church | Emily Dickinson