A Man Said to the Universe by Stephen Crane
Summary: A Man Said To The Universe is a poem showing how people wish to be remembered but how their life is very small compared to the entirety of the universe.
- A Man yells to the universe that he exists
- The universe replies that even though he exist it doesn't mean there is a sense of obligation in it
- By exclaiming he exists the man is showing that the nature of human life is to want to be acknowledged and remembered
- The statement "I exist" may also be of a plea nature to something that is bigger than oneself
- The universe's answer is showing that the human condition is one of simplicity to the universe; The one person may exist but he is so small the universe does not have the requirement to take notice of that one life
© 2009 copyright www.notes4free.com A Man Said To The Universe | Stephen Crane