The Dog And The Shadow by Aesop
Summary: A dog loses his meat to a reflection in a water
- A dog carries a piece of meat and on his way home to eat it, he stops at a plank and sees his reflection in the water below
- He thinks that his reflection is another dog with another piece of meat, snaps at it and loses his real piece of meat to his reflection
- The meat was to never be seen again
- Aesop says to not grasp at shadows (dog's reflection) for you may lose what is "substance"
- It seems that it is okay to look at your reflection to see how much substance you have but don't reach for something that you already have because you may lose it
© 2012 copyright www.notes4free.com The Dog And The Shadow | Aesop