When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer by Walt Whitman
Summary: In When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer by Walt Whitman, Man listens to a lecture on astronomy and looks at the stars.
- The astronomer explains everything about the stars with math and diagrams
- People applause the lecture, the narrator suddenly feels sick and leaves
- The narrator walks in the night and looks at the stars in silence.
- Whitman was trying to say the stars and the universe should not be explained but instead appreciated
- Whitman says the night is mystical, suggesting he felt feels science should not be used in attempts to explain the stars
© 2009 copyright www.notes4free.com When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer | Walt Whitman